- Family-Owned Restaurant Turns to Vorys
- Fight for Just Compensation for Landowners
- ODOT Forced to Pay Business Owner for Damages
- Ohio Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Huron Homeowners
- City Forced to Pay For Land Taken for Aesthetic Enhancements
In Huron Township, the government seized the land of 50 property owners to build a new bike trail. The property owners called Vorys, who sued the government. Their case went to the Ohio Supreme Court, which ruled that the government was required to pay the landowners for wrongfully taking their land. After the Court’s decision, we negotiated on behalf of our clients and ultimately got them more than compensation. Our clients were able to keep all their land and received an additional $2 million in damages.